Scrambled Eggs in a mug is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to cook your eggs in the morning. This recipe makes a nice creamy scrambled egg mix that goes great with some toast or is still just as good by itself.
If you feel like mixing it up, then look at some of the cooking tips at the bottom of this recipe. These tips will help add a bit of a twist to a pretty standard recipe. Also feel free to share your own ingredients combination in the comments below.
This recipe while only designed for one person and one mug can also work in a jug. Pretty much all mug recipes are like this because you’re confined to just using a regular mug. If you need to make scrambled eggs for a crowd, you can increase the number of ingredients but instead do it in a jug. Simply cook the same way but increase the cook times and the intervals of when you stir the mix.
If you’re a huge fan of this recipe, then you can get mugs with the actual scrambled eggs recipe on it. Certainly worth checking out if you love collecting all sorts of different mugs.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make this easy, scrambled eggs in a mug? Check out the video I have prepared below. It is easy to follow and will teach you how to do this recipe in no time at all.
Scrambled Eggs in a Mug Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup thickened/heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Crack the 2 Eggs and add the cream into a mug.
- Season with salt & pepper and then use a fork to mix vigorously.
- Remove fork then place in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and mix again.
- Place back in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t have cream, you can replace this with two tablespoons of milk. This change will give you a less creamy mix, but it will be slightly healthier.
- Shredded cheese goes great on top of the scrambled eggs. If you want it nice and melted, add it before you put the eggs in for the last 30 seconds.
- You can add herbs such as dill, chives, and parsley for a few different flavor variations.
- You can also add some shredded meats such as salami or ham to the scrambled egg mix if you’re looking to add a bit of meat.
- It is important that you do keep an eye on the mug while it is in the microwave. The scramble mix may boil up and spill over the sides of the mug making a mess. To help avoid this just stop the microwave if it looks like it is just about to boil over.
All the nutritional information you need to know is right below, keep in mind this is only an estimate but should be accurate enough for you to be able to decide if this mug recipe is ok for you.
If you want a more fulfilling breakfast, then the ham & cheese egg bowl is great. You make no dishes, and you get a tasty cheesy egg with a crunchy bread outside. It is perfect if you’re feeling a bit lazy and don’t want to make any mess at all. It does, however, take a bit longer than this recipe.
If scrambled eggs aren’t your thing, and would love to learn how to poach eggs instead, then be sure to check out my guide on how to poach eggs perfectly.
If you have any suggestions on improving this scrambled eggs in a mug recipe, please feel free to drop me a comment below.