This easy tuna casserole recipe is amazingly tasty and won’t take you long before you can have it in the oven.
This is a fantastic recipe for when you need to cook for a crowd but don’t have a huge amount of time on your hands. You also only need a few ingredients for this meal making it great if you don’t have amount of money or ingredients available.
If you’re thinking of what else to have with this dish then I personally love having this recipe with a side of garlic bread.
The leftovers also make for great lunches as it heats up really well. If you’re after a great tasting easy lunch, then this delicious casserole is perfect.
As always we have a fantastic video you can check out above that goes into everything you need to know about getting this amazing tuna casserole done.
Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1x 420g (15 Oz) can tuna
- 1x 420g (15 Oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1x 420g (15 Oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup peas
- 4 cups of cooked pasta (Macaroni or spiral)
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350 °F)
- In a large baking dish combine the tuna, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cooked pasta and the peas.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the pasta mix is hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer this easy tuna casserole to be a little less crunchy then simply cover with aluminium foil before placing in the oven. If you want the topping to brown a little remove the foil 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- On the flip-side if you absolutely love a crunchy top, simply mix 1 cup of breadcrumbs, 2 Tbsp. butter and the cheese from the recipe in a bowl. Once done add this to the top before placing it in the oven. Other variations for a crunchy top include crushed potato chips, fried onions & crushed corn flakes.
- A popular variation on this recipe is to use egg noodles instead of pasta. This usually comes down to preference, I personally prefer the pasta over the noodles.
I also like adding some corn kernels to the recipe from time to time. I typically half the amount of peas and add ½ a cup of corn kernels.
If you’re looking for similar casserole recipes, then be sure to check out the pepperoni pizza casserole. This recipe certainly a hit with the kids as it mixes everyone’s favorite pizza with pasta.
An easy chicken casserole is yet another great dish for anyone who is not a fan of tuna. Again you can whip this one up in no time and have it cooking.
The lazy lasagna is also a great dish if you need to cook for a few people but can’t be bothered spending all day cooking. It’s super easy to quickly whip together and tastes amazing.
If you have any thoughts, variations or anything these you would like to add on this easy tuna casserole recipe then be sure to drop us a comment below. If you like our recipes, then be sure to follow us on any of the major social networks.