This is an easy garlic bread recipe that is perfect if you need to make a side dish for your meal fast. It is also great if you’re just after something to snack on but don’t feel like cooking anything too substantial.
As I mention in the cooking tips at the bottom of this page the garlic butter we make in this recipe is also delicious in other dishes such as garlic prawns. If you have some of the butter mix left over after making this recipe I recommend covering it and keeping it in a fridge.
If you want to see how to make this easy garlic bread recipe, then be sure to check out the video above. If you’re not feeling like watching a video, there is a fantastic text version of the recipe immediately below!
Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1x French stick or similar
- 6 Tbsp. softened butter
- 2 tsp. of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. dried or fresh parsley
- Preheat an oven to 180°C or 350°F
- Slice the French stick into about 2 cm (¾ inch) slices, don’t cut all the way through only go about ¾.
- In a bowl combine the garlic, butter and parsley.
- Using a knife spread the mix in-between the cuts of the French stick.
- You can either wrap in foil or leave it as is for an extra crunchy garlic bread.
- Place into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the butter has melted and bread is lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
- If you don’t have a French stick, then you can still use the butter we make in this easy garlic bread recipe with just normal sliced bread. However, for the best result I recommended placing the bread slices onto a tray and grilling them. Otherwise just toasting then spreading the butter on the bread will still work just as well.
- The butter mix you make in this recipe is great for other dishes such as garlic prawns so make sure you don’t throw out any of the leftovers.
- If you want to turn this into an easy cheesy garlic bread either add some parmesan into the butter mix or alternatively place the cheese in between the cuts of the French stick.
- Wrapping the garlic bread in foil whilst isn’t essential it does help the bread to cook more evenly & keeps your oven clean. If you decide not to use the foil then I recommend placing it onto an oven tray.
- You can place this in the microwave without the foil if you’re running low on time but keep in mind it will come out to quite soft and not as nice.
Whilst this easy homemade garlic bread is fine by itself you might want a proper meal to go with it. Be sure to check out some of the simple dinner recipes if you want something easy to go with this dish.
If you’re after bready snack, then be sure to check out our delicious easy homemade tortilla chips. These chips are perfect to have with some dips & cheese. They’re also delicious just by themselves.
If you have any feedback on this easy garlic bread recipe, variations or anything else you would like to share with us then be sure to drop us a comment below. Also be sure to follow us on social so you stay up to date with all the coolest easy recipes.