This easy cauliflower cheese is perfect for anyone who wants an amazing cheesy dish without having to spend too much time preparing it.
This dish is pretty amazing by itself but there are a few things you can do to make this mind blowing delicious. My personal favourite is fry off some bacon and mix the bacon through the sauce and scatter it on the top. You can also try making a crumb mix so you can nice crunchy cheesy top on the cauliflower. You can do this by combining cheese, breadcrumbs and a little bit of butter.
Unlike most recipes you will notice how the cheese sauce for the cauliflower doesn’t have any flour in it. This reduces the chance of ending up with a lumpy sauce from stuffing up the roux and it also makes it gluten free. This makes this dish perfect for anyone who is on a gluten free diet.
A lot of people would consider this to be a side dish but I personally can eat this as an entire meal. If you do plan on having it as a side dish this would probably feed 2-4 people otherwise probably only 1-2 people as a proper meal.
If you want to see this cauliflower cheese recipe done visually be sure to check out the video above. It takes you through all the steps you need to take to perfecting this recipe. If you love the video and like to see more then don’t forget to subscribe.
Easy Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
- 3 Cups of shredded cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1x Cauliflower cut into florets (Fresh or Frozen)
- Par cook the cauliflower in a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until a knife goes into the cauliflower easily.
- Once cauliflower is cooked drain well and place into a serving dish.
- In a different pot add the cheese, mustard, milk and cook over low heat. Constantly stir until melted and you get a thick sauce consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the cauliflower
- Optional: Place under a grill for a few minutes to get a crisp top.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It is very important that you cook the sauce at a low heat. Cooking it at a high heat can cause the cheese to burn and become bitter. If you think the pan is getting too hot simply remove for a few minutes before returning to the stove.
- Par-cooking the cauliflower is essential if you want the cauliflower to be soft and nice to eat every time you go to cook this. Skipping this step will leave you with undercooked/raw cauliflower.
If you plan on making this as a side dish and need something as a main be sure to check out our other delicious easy dinner recipes. If I were to pick a dish to go alongside this, it would probably be the baked honey mustard chicken recipe. It is super simple and won’t end up making very much washing up making it a great dish to along with this one.
If you’re looking for something super cheesy and very easy like this recipe then be sure to check out the crispy yet gooey fried cheese sticks.
If you have your own variation, have feedback or anything else about this easy cauliflower cheese recipe then feel free to leave me a comment below!