This delicious easy broccoli cheese soup is a fantastic lunch or dinner dish. This dish is incredibly easy and doesn’t require much preparation.
This soup will keep in the fridge for a few days and will reheat quite nicely. It makes it a fantastic quick and easy meal that you can reheat whenever you’re feeling hungry. Even if you’re making it from scratch, it doesn’t involve a tremendous amount of effort and will be ready to eat in less than 35 minutes.
If you’re looking for a side to go with this soup, then something like fresh bread or crunchy garlic bread always works extremely well with most types of soup.
Using different combinations of cheese is a great way to alter the flavor the soup. For example, if you use blue cheese, you will get a powerful tasting soup. A good blend that I love to have is half mozzarella and half cheddar cheese.
If you want to watch a video on how to make this amazingly easy broccoli cheese soup, then be sure to check out the one below. It’s short, snappy and straight to the point so it won’t take up too much time. Alternatively, the full written recipe is right below.
Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 3 heaped cups Broccoli florets, chopped (Fresh or Frozen)
- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup cornstarch
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter.
- Once melted, add the onion, garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornstarch and ½ a cup of the milk.
- Add the milk, the cornstarch mix and bring back to a simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Season with salt pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer, you can leave the cornstarch and milk mix out. The soup will, however, be very runny and may not be as enjoyable.
- Seasoning can make or break a dish, but this is particularly true with soup. If you’re finding it a bit tasteless, then try adding a bit more salt, however, be careful not to add too much as a salty soup isn’t a good experience.
- You can swap out the mozzarella cheese for something else like cheddar for a stronger flavor. There is a ton of different varieties of cheese that you can try out. Each will offer a different flavor that will completely change the dish.
- If you like a smooth soup, then you can try blitzing it. Keep in mind this will change the texture and flavor but certainly a must for anyone who doesn’t like chunky soups.
You can find the nutritional information for this delicious soup right below, keep in mind this information is just an estimate so it may differ if you calculate it yourself.
If you’re feeling like soup but not so much this one, then you may be interested in the easy beef goulash. It’s incredibly rich and has amazing tender pieces of beef with succulent flavor packed mushrooms. Certainly worth checking out if you love a good goulash.
If you’re feeling a little energetic and looking for something a little healthier, then this healthy paleo chicken soup is actually surprisingly tasty. It is undoubtedly worth check if you love a good soup.
I hope this broccoli cheese soup comes to be just as tasty as it did for me. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else, then please feel free to leave a comment below.