This amazing easy banana bread recipe won’t take you long before you can have it in the oven. Once in the oven it takes about 30 minutes to cook but is totally worth the wait.
This is probably one of my less “lazy” recipes but still is incredibly easy to cook up. This recipe makes use of Raspberry jam to help sweeten and add a bit more flavour. It also reduces the amount of sugar we need and helps produce a lovely & moist banana bread.
This is also fantastic to wrap up and take for lunch or breakfast the next day. You can heat it up, toast it or just eat as is and it will still taste pretty damn good. You will find that this banana bread is lovely & moist so you won’t find yourself needing to add any extra spreads to it.
If you’re after a quick & easy video to follow on making this banana bread, then you can find one above. It will take you through all the steps you need to take to make this amazing moist easy banana bread. If you want to be kept up to date with all our latest videos be sure to subscribe to me on YouTube.
The Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 125g (4 & ½ Oz) butter
- ½ Cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ Cup Raspberry jam
- 2 Cups self-rising flour
- ½ Cup milk
- Preheat an oven to 170°C (150°F)
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- In a bowl add the butter, sugar, vanilla and beat together.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Now add the mashed bananas & raspberry jam, mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you find the that the top is starting to burn but the bread is not cooked in the middle yet, then simply cover it with some foil. This will help it continue to cook but also reducing the amount the outside will burn.
- If you want to add some more flavor to this recipe, then I recommend adding some allspice and cinnamon. A teaspoon of each should be the perfect amount.
- If you don’t like your banana bread too sweet, then I recommend removing the sugar altogether. The sugars in the raspberry jam and the mashed banana should be sufficient enough to keep it great tasting.
If you have a craving for more delicious banana recipes then be sure to check out the baked oatmeal in a mug recipe. This delicious recipe combines oats, banana & fruits for a quick & easy breakfast that leave you feeling pretty satisfied.
If you have any feedback on this easy banana bread recipe, then be sure to drop us a comment below. We are also always adding more great recipes so be sure to add us on any of the major social networks to stay up to date.