I tried an interesting sandwich at a café a few months ago and it was probably one of the best that I have ever had. This delicious meal gave me the idea of whipping this up at home and resulted in the ultimate breakfast sandwich recipe.
This sandwich combines all the typical ingredients that you would find in a full breakfast. This includes crispy bacon, hash-browns, egg, spinach and of course bread. It’s not the healthiest breakfast but it certainly is incredibly tasty.
I have tried to make this recipe to be as easy as possible but also be one of the best tasting breakfast sandwiches you would have ever eaten!
All you need in terms of equipment is a simple sandwich press but you could also do it in a fry-pan if you don’t have one.
If you’re more of a visual person then check out my video on how to make the ultimate breakfast sandwich! It’s a quick and easy way to learn how to throw this great quick and easy breakfast recipe together.
The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 3 Rashers of Bacon
- 1 Hash brown
- 1 Egg
- 2 Slices Bread
- BBQ Sauce
- Firstly turn the sandwich press on so that it heats up. (Alternatively you can use a fry pan)
- Place the hash brown onto the sandwich press and start cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook until your preferred preference (Crispy etc.), 5 minutes was long enough for me.
- Remove both the hashbrown and bacon and place to one side.
- Start to cook the egg.
- While the egg is cooking assemble your sandwich. I did it in the following order:
- Slice of Bread
- Sliced Tomato
- Sliced Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Slice of bread
- Cook sandwich until the bread is crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy
- You’re able to replace the bacon with ham, both work just as well.
- You’re able to cook this in a pan just follow the same method but you will need to flip the sandwich when cooking it so that both sides are crisped up.
- If you’re not really worried too much about your diet then you can butter the bread to achieve a deliciously crispy outside.
- A good tomato relish or caramelized onion are the perfect replacements for sliced tomato.
I hope that you love the process and idea behind making this incredibly delicious sandwich. If you enjoyed this recipe then you should also check out the tasty toasted sandwich recipe that I have. It’s very similar but more designed for your typical toasties.
Did you love the ultimate breakfast sandwich recipe? If you did or didn’t then please be sure to leave your thoughts below. I would love to hear what you have to say about this tasty recipe.