A tortilla pizza is a fantastic and easy way to quickly whip up a pizza with very little effort. They make small great crunchy pizzas and work great with any kind of toppings.
If you after a great pizza recipe that can be done for a crowd then you should consider checking out the pizza scroll recipe. It’s also perfect if you need some platter food that will keep well in the fridge.
There are just so many different types of pizza toppings that you’re able to do and you should find that most will work just fine with a tortilla base. There is one thing that you will need to look out for and that is overloading the base with toppings. Too much topping will cause it to go a bit soggy and be hard to eat.
If you want to see how to make the easy tortilla pizza recipe visually then you should check out the video above. If you like what you see then please subscribe so you stay up to date with all the latest and great easy recipes.
Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- 1 Large Tortilla
- Tomato paste or jar pizza sauce
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional Toppings
- 1-2 Slices of ham
- 1/2 tomato sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F)
- Place the tortilla onto an oven tray
- Spread the sauce evenly across the tortilla
- Sprinkle with cheese and any other toppings you would like.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Try not to overload the tortilla pizza with toppings otherwise it might become sloppy and not very nice.
- Make sure the oven is at the required temperature before you put the pizza in otherwise it might not cook properly. For example burn on the bottom, top or just come out soggy.
- You can also do this in a pizza maker or even a pizza stone. Using either these will help for a crispier base.
Here are a few pizza topping ideas that you can try out. They’re perfect to help add a bit of variation to this delicious tortilla pizza recipe.
You can try variations of cheese such as parmesan, brie, buffalo, cheddar, provolone and processed cheeses.
- Green Pesto (Replace pizza sauce), baby spinach, smoked salmon, red onion, brie and capers
- Ham, pineapple, cheese
- Salami & cheese
- Ham, mushroom, olives, cheese
If you’re feeling like pizza but not to keen on the whole tortilla base then you can always try making a pepperoni pizza as a casserole. It is missing a pizza base but instead has delicious pasta in a rich tomato & pork sausage sauce. It is all topped off with pepperoni and of course a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
If you have any topping variations that you would love to share for this delicious tortilla pizza recipe then feel free to drop a comment below.