This toasted sandwich recipe while it does taste great it also is pretty basic so you should try and be creative and try with different combinations to try get the best combination of flavors that send your taste buds on an amazing adventure.
There is nothing I like more than having a nice quick and easy delicious lunch and one of the easiest to cook up with minimal effort is the classic toasted sandwich.
I don’t have a video up for this recipe but you can find detailed instructions on putting this recipe together below.
The Toasted Sandwich Recipe
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 2 Slices of your choice of cheese.
- Ham or your choice of meat.
- 4-8 slices of tomato
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Spread butter on one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Place your Ham, Cheese, tomato on the non-buttered side of the bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the fillings with the buttered side facing upwards.
- To cook using a sandwich press
- just place on the bottom heat plate once it is hot and close. It should take about 1-5 minutes to be ready.
- To cook using a pan:
- Heat the pan up so it is reasonably hot.
- Place the sandwich in the pan and cook on one side for 1-3 minutes being careful not to burn the bread.
- After 1-3 minutes flip the sandwich and cook again for 1-3 minutes. Feel free to press down on the sandwich to help compress it a little.
- Serve and enjoy.
- There are hundreds of different fillings you can have in a toasted sandwich, mix it up and try something new!
- You can toast it without butter if you want to be slightly healthier.
- For a super simple toasted cheese sandwich just use a nice cheddar, butter and bread. This will give you a lovely toasted gooey cheese sandwich.
If you’re feeling like pizza the tortilla pizza recipe we have is super simple and will only take you a few minutes to whip and have in the oven.
Alternatively the chicken quesadilla recipe is an amazing lighter version of a toasted cheese sandwich. It is very similar but instead of bread you use tortillas.
If you have your own combination of toasted sandwich ingredients that are simply amazing and you would love to share them then drop a comment below.