Scrambled Eggs in a mug is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to cook your eggs in the morning. This recipe makes a nice creamy scrambled egg mix that goes great with some toast or is still just as good by itself.
If you feel like mixing it up look at some of the cooking tips at the bottom of this recipe. These tips will help add a bit of a twist to a pretty standard recipe. Also feel free to share your own ingredients combination in the comments below.
This recipe whilst only designed for one person and one mug can also be done in a jug. If you need to make scrambled eggs for a crowd you can increase the amount of ingredients but instead do it in a jug. Simply cook the same way but increase the cook times and the intervals of when you stir the mix.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make this easy scrambled eggs in a mug? Check out the video I have prepared above. It is easy to follow and will teach you how to do this recipe in no time at all.
Scrambled Eggs in a Mug Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Thickened Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Crack the 2 Eggs and add the cream into a mug.
- Season with salt & pepper and then use a fork to mix vigorously.
- Remove fork then place in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and mix again.
- Place back in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t have cream you can replace this with 2 Tbsp. milk. This will give you a less creamy mix but it will be slightly healthier.
- Shredded cheese goes great on top of the scrambled eggs. If you want it nice and melted add it before you put the eggs in for the last 30 seconds.
- You can add herbs such as dill, chives and parsley for a few different flavor variations.
- You can also add some shredded meats such as salami or ham to the scrambled egg mix if you’re looking to add a bit of meat.
- It is important that you do keep an eye on the mug whilst it is in the microwave. The scramble mix may boil up and spill over the sides of the mug making a mess. To help avoid this just stop the microwave if it looks like it is just about to boil over.
If you want a more fulfilling breakfast the ham & cheese egg bowl is great. You make no dishes and you get a tasty cheesy egg with a crunchy bread outside. This is perfect if you’re feeling a bit lazy and don’t want to make any mess at all. It does however take a bit longer than this recipe.
If scrambled eggs aren’t your thing and would love to learn how to poach eggs instead then be sure to check out my guide on how to poach eggs perfectly.
If you have any suggestions on improving this scrambled eggs in a mug recipe please feel free to drop me a comment below.