If you’re feeling too lazy to go to the shops and you’re out of ranch, then this quick and easy ranch dressing is the perfect solution.
One great thing about making this at home is that you will likely find yourself saving money as the pre made packets can get pretty pricey. Much like the homemade taco mix you can also adjust the seasoning to make it more to your liking.
If you love ranch and find yourself constantly running out then you can always make a bulk amount of the dried mix and store it in a airtight container in the cupboard. Whenever you need some ranch just grab a tablespoon or two and mix it in with your wet ingredients.
You will find quite a few recipes online that call for just the packet mix. Unfortunately for a lot of people living outside the US getting the dry mix can be hard. This recipe will hopefully fill that void with ingredients that you can usually find at your local supermarket.
If you do live within the US then you can easily buy some ranch dressing from your local supermarket. You can also get it online from pretty much any good online retailer such as Amazon.
Quick & Easy Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, dried
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Store in an airtight container in the cupboard until required.
Making the ranch dressing:
- To make the ranch dressing, simply mix 1-2 Tbsp. with ½ cup mayonnaise and ½ cup buttermilk.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Store in fridge until needed.
- Be wary of the use by dates on the mayonnaise and buttermilk as these dates will determine how long your ranch will last. If you’re just using the dry mix, then it should keep for a very long time.
- For a finer mix, you can blend the dry mix in an herb blender or similar. However, I find that the mix is just fine and doesn’t require any extra blending.
- If you need more dry mix you can simply double, triple, quadruple it. As I mentioned above it’s great to store for a long time as long as you don’t mix it with wet ingredients.
If you prefer a lighter, less salty ranch dressing then you might be interested in this easy paleo ranch dressing recipe. It’s very similar but more designed for anyone who is looking for a healthier option. It will also need a few extra ingredients that you might or might not have.
I hope this quick and easy ranch dressing mix comes out to be just as good as it did for me. If you have any suggestions, feedback, or anything else that you would like to share then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.