This quick & easy French toast recipe makes for a sweet eggy breakfast. If you’re a fan of French toast but don’t have a huge amount of time to make it, then this recipe is for you.
You will find that French toast is called pain perdu in most French speaking regions, this means lost bread. It is called this as you often use stale bread in the making of this dish. Soaking it in egg and frying it in butter is a way of bringing the bread back to tasty and edible state.
Learning how to make French toast is surprisingly easy as the concept behind is dead simple. The process is typically finding a stale bread and soaking it in an egg mix. This egg mix usually varies from recipe to recipe but the one I have wrote up here is my personal favourite. (It is also super easy to cook up).
If you want to see how this easy French toast recipe is done step by step, then check out the video above. It will take you through everything you need to know to get this from the stove to the plate. If you do like the video and would love to stay up to date, then please make sure you subscribe.
Quick & Easy French Toast Recipe
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ Cup of milk
- 4 slices of bread
- In a bowl, beat the egg, vanilla milk and cinnamon together.
- Once beaten, stir in the milk.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture. If you slightly massage the bread this will encourage it to absorb the egg faster.
- In a pan over medium melt some butter.
- Add your bread slices and cook on for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you need to cook a large batch of French toast, then I recommended starting them a pan before moving them an oven a medium to low temperature. This way you can cook lots and keep them warm without over cooking them.
- If you’re doing really thick pieces of bread, then I would recommend starting then in the fry pan and finishing them off in the oven. To do this have an oven preheated to about 180°C (350°F) and once the bread is slightly golden brown on each side place into the oven and finish it off.
- This very much like the easy pancake recipe goes amazing with fresh berries and cream. Another great combination is bacon and maple syrup but it really depends what appeals to your more.
There are plenty of other great easy breakfast recipes that you should try out sometime. Another of my personal favourites is cooking scrambled eggs in a mug. This is so simple and actually comes out to be pretty nice.
I hope you enjoy this quick & easy French toast recipe. If you have any thoughts or feedback you would like to let us know then feel free to drop us a comment below.