Puff pastry pizza is one of my absolute favorites for several reasons with the first being how easy it is to make quickly. You can do whatever topping combination you like however if you don’t feel like thinking I have a couple of simple examples in this recipe that are incredibly treat!
If you don’t have time to make dough or sick of the premade bases you buy at the supermarket, then puff pastry is a fantastic alternative. It is light, crunchy and adds quite a bit of flavor.
Another great thing about puff pastry is how multipurpose it is. For example, you can cook both savory and sweet meals with it. Speaking of desserts, one of my personal favorite desserts made with puff pastry is apple turnovers. Great little crunchy parcels with apple inside!
As there are so many pizza topping combinations you can do, I would love to hear any of your favorites. To share your favorites, you can simply leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
If you want to see how to put these puff pastry pizzas together quickly, then be sure to check out the video below. It takes you through everything you need to know for making this amazing tasty pizza.
Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
Topping (Change this to whatever you like)
- 1-2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2-4 ham slices
- 10 salami slices
- 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp. caramelized onion
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat an oven to 220°C/430°F.
- Defrost one piece of puff pastry.
- Cut the piece of pastry in half.
- Place the pastry onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. Leave a 4cm gap between the pieces of pastry.
- Now spread the tomato paste on the pastry leaving a 1 cm gap at each of the edges.
- On one pizza, add in the following order; ham, tomato and then 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- For the other pizza add salami, caramelized onion and then the remaining of the cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Make sure the oven is at the desired temperature before adding the pizzas in. If it isn’t then you will find the puff pastry won’t rise very much leaving you with disappointingly flat pizzas.
- Try not to overload the pastry with too many ingredients as it might become soggy and not very enjoyable. Sometimes less is more!
- Make sure you let the puff pastry defrost before trying to cut it. If it is still frozen, it may crack and splinter when you cut it. Also, don’t refreeze puff pastry as it will not puff up next time you go to cook it.
One thing you may be after is the nutritional information for these crunchy puff pastry pizzas, if this is the case, then you can find it right below. Keep in mind this information is an estimate so it may differ if you calculate it yourself.
The puff pastry pizza scrolls are very similar to this dish but instead of having a flat pizza you have tasty scrolls that are just amazing.
If you’re an absolute fan of this type of pastry, then be sure to check out all my puff pastry recipes. There is an ever-growing list of easy recipes that you’re able to whip up without any cooking knowledge.
Hopefully, you enjoyed this super easy puff pastry pizza recipe and didn’t have any trouble with making it. If you have a variation that you would love to share or just general feedback, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.