These super easy puff pastry cheese twists make for the perfect snack or treat. They are also fantastic for lunch boxes as most kids will absolutely love them. These aren’t just great as a lunch but they’re also great as platter food or as a side dish to another meal.
These twists come out to be jam packed full of flavour and have a very satisfying crunch. They’re super easy dish and should only take you maximum of 10 minutes to throw them together and get them in the oven. This will of course vary depending on how many you’re making.
I personally love having these with some nice dips. My personal favourites would be to have this with some spring onion or French onion dip. If you’re really feeling a bit experimental you can even, try it with a corn relish dip but for me it didn’t work as well.
Once cooked these will refrigerate nicely and should keep for up to about a week before you should look at discarding them.
You can find a video above that goes through all the steps to making these puff pastry cheese twists. It shows you exactly how it is done and any steps that might require a bit of extra effort.
Easy Puff Pastry Cheese Twists Recipe
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1/3 Cup shredded cheese
- ¼ Cup parmesan
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat an oven to 220°C (430°F)
- Mix together the shredded cheese, grated parmesan, garlic & oregano.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg across puff pastry.
- Place the cheese mix over ½ of the sheet of the pastry.
- Fold the puff pastry in half and brush with some beaten egg.
- Place the rest of the cheese mix over the other half.
- Cut the pastry into 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide strips.
- Twist the strips slightly and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until you have done all the strips.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the twists with the egg.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once browned remove and allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Make sure the oven is at the preheated temperature otherwise you might end up with the twists not puffing up or the cheese just oozing out and going everywhere.
- Make sure you allow these to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
There are a lot of variations you can do with these cheese twists. One of my personal favourites is spreading the puff pastry with pesto before adding the cheese on. This will get you a lovely rich pesto and cheese twist. Another one is using Dijon mustard and adding a bit of parmesan. There are just countless variations you can do with this recipe so feel free to experiment a little.
Be sure to check out our easy puff pastry recipes section for great snacks & meals like this one.
If you have any variation, feedback or anything else that you would love to share on these delicious puff pastry cheese twists then be sure to drop me a comment below.