In this pizza scrolls recipe I use puffy pastry, using puff pastry allows for an amazing crunch but being a lot faster than having to make your own dough.
You will find puff pastry is also much better than some of the pre-made bland pizza bases you can buy at the super markets. If you don’t like puff pastry then I recommend to take a look at our tortilla pizza recipe, it too is super easy to do and tastes great.
Pizza scrolls are not just great as a meal but they can be used for catering or even as a snack. They also keep pretty well in the fridge so you can have them ready for whenever you’re feeling a little peckish.
Whilst it appears this recipe is pretty complicated due to the amount of steps it is actually really easy. The steps have just been broken down so it is super easy to follow.
If you want to see how to make these delicious pizza scrolls visually then check out the video I have prepared above.
Pizza Scrolls Recipe
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 50g (1 ½ Oz) Grated Cheese
- 50g (1 ½ Oz) Ham
- 50g (1 ½ Oz) Spinach
- 1 Egg
- Prepare an oven tray by lining it with baking paper also set your oven to preheat at 200° Celsius. (400° Fahrenheit)
- Get the sheet of puff pastry out of the freezer to defrost and place it on the surface that you will be assembling on.
- Place the tomato paste on the puff pastry and spread using the back of a spoon leaving a 1cm (0.4 in) gap at the end you will be towards rolling to.
- Spread out the baby spinach and then the ham. Finally sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Crack an egg into the bowl and beat with a fork.
- Using a pastry brush or even your finger spread the egg yolk on the 1cm (0.4 in) strip at the end you’re rolling to.
- Optional: You can use the rest of the egg to add to the toppings.
- Begin rolling from the end without the 1 cm (0.4 in) gap, try to have it fairly tight without making the toppings squeeze out the sides.
- Once rolled cut into about 6 even pieces per sheet.
- Place each slice cut side down onto a prepared tray.
- Place into an oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When cutting the roll try not to push down and deform the roll, having a sharp knife is a good way to avoid.
- As I mentioned above these are still great cold so if you have some leftover (which I doubt) you can always throw them in the fridge. If you do go to reheat them then I recommend doing it in an oven to ensure that they remain crispy.
If you want to leave some feedback regarding this pizza scrolls recipe then please feel free to leave a comment below.