These super easy Nutella scrolls will please anyone who absolutely loves Nutella. The crunch of the puff pastry along with the chopped hazelnuts make these scrolls absolutely mouth watering.
These crunchy scrolls are great for both as a snack or even for a party platter. You can easily cook up lots of these and they will keep in a container for a day or two.
Don’t be put off by the amount of steps in this recipe it is incredibly easy and won’t take you long at all to get this together. If you want a quicker way to see how this recipe is done, then be sure to check out the short video above.
If you have never had Nutella before then you will either love or hate it. To quickly describe it, Nutella combines hazelnuts and cocoa in a sweetened spread. Depending on where you live you should be able to buy this at your local supermarket or even online from places such as Amazon.
If you want to see exactly how these yummy scrolls are done just watch the video above. It’s nice, short and will show you exactly what you will need to do in order to get this recipe done.
Nutella Scrolls Recipe
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts chopped (Optional)
- 1 Egg beaten
- Before we get started preheat an oven to 220°C or 425°F.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a clean surface.
- Spread the Nutella across the puff pastry, leave roughly a 1 cm (0.4 inch) gap at one end of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts across the Nutella on the pastry.
- Now using a pastry brush place some egg across the 1cm gap that we left on the pastry.
- Now roll the pastry up starting from the end opposite to the 1 cm gap. Try and get it as tight as possible without forcing the filling out the side.
- Now slice the roll into about 10 pieces and place onto an oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy
- When it comes to cutting the roll into slices try and not push down on it as this will deform the roll. Using a super sharp knife will help prevent the need to push down on the roll too much.
- If you clean your knife after every cut this will prevent dirty cuts as nutella tends to stick to the knife easily.
- An important thing to remember is if you’re using frozen puff pastry make sure you get it out of the freezer ahead of time. Allow it to completely defrost before trying to roll it up otherwise you may find it to be very difficult as it will crack and break if not completely defrosted.
If you want a bit more of a savoury scroll, then be sure to check out the cheese and vegemite scrolls. These are tasty and like this recipe are super easy to cook up. If you’re feeling like pizza then be sure to check out the puff pastry pizza scrolls. These cheesy tomato & ham scrolls are amazing and kids absolutely love them.
If you have made this Nutella scrolls recipe and would like to leave feedback, have a variation, question or anything else then please feel free to leave a comment below.