This Nutella mug cake is absolutely amazing and requires just three ingredients. This delicious cake is perfect for any Nutella lover and is so easy to whip up quickly.
This cake is amazingly fluffy, gooey and is merely one of the best easy desserts ever. The best of all it will roughly only take you a few minutes to get it all cooked up and ready for eating. I would probably leave it to cool a bit to avoid burning your mouth as I did!
If you have some vanilla or hazelnut ice cream, then I highly suggest having some with this cake it will take it to the next level. If you don’t have any, then try some whipped cream or just have it by itself. This mug cake is really rich.
If you want to get the double Nutella experience, then you can try adding a dollop of Nutella to the top of the cake after you have cooked it.
Assuming you end up loving this recipe, you’re able to get it printed on a mug. It’s a pretty cool design that perfect for anyone who finds themselves eating this delicious mug cake a lot.
If you want to quickly see how to prepare and cook this Nutella mug cake recipe, then check out the video below. If you’re just after a text version of the recipe, there is one right below the video!
Nutella Mug Cake Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. self-rising flour
- 3 Tbsp. nutella
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Add all the ingredients to a mug and combine until smooth.
- Microwave on high for about a minute to 1 & ½ minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Microwaves can vary quite a bit in what is defined as the “high” setting. In this recipe, I am using a 1000-watt microwave if yours is less than this you will probably need to cook it for a bit longer. If it’s more than that setting, then perhaps cook for a bit less.
- If you like the cake to be slightly gooey, then cook it for a bit less than what I recommend in this recipe.
- Chopped roasted hazelnuts also go well with this recipe. Just sprinkle some on top of the cake along with some ice cream, and you have one amazing quick & easy dessert or snack!
- Feeling peckish? You can cook this in either a larger mug or bowl and just double the ingredients.
- You can cook this in an oven, but you will probably want to use an oven dish or ramekin. You will probably also want to double the ingredients to make it worthwhile turning on the oven. I would personally cook it at 180°C (350°F) in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes. This time may vary depending on how much mixture you have.
- If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can simply replace it with plain flour and add about one teaspoon of baking powder. Make sure you mix the flour and the baking powder so that the cake evenly rises. This technique should achieve the same delicious mug cake.
As you would probably expect, this mug cake isn’t the healthiest thing to be cooking up. If you’re curious about how much it might impact your diet, then you can find all the nutritional information you need right below.
If you’re Nutella lover, then you’re probably going to love the Nutella scrolls recipe. These are crunchy puff pastry scrolls with a delicious Nutella and chopped hazelnut filling. Definitely worth giving a try! Even better it is super easy like this recipe.
Another great recipe is the chocolate mug brownie and is very similar to this one but tastes more chocolatey (obviously). If you really have a sweet tooth going, then you should take a look at whipping that simple mug recipe up as well.
If you have your own variation of a Nutella mug cake or have some feedback, then don’t be afraid to drop a comment below. Would love to hear your thoughts on this yummy recipe!