All it takes is 5 simple steps and it is so much better than the packaged stuff you can buy at the supermarket. This creamy delicious mac and cheese in a mug will convince you never to return to the fluoro orange supermarket packets.
I love mac and cheese but what’s even better is that I can cook and eat it straight out of a mug. This easy to follow recipe takes you through everything you need to know on how to make mac and cheese in a mug!
There are a few things that you will need to keep an eye out for when cooking anything in the microwave. You can find a few cooking tips for this specific dish just below the recipe.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you only need just 3 ingredients to be able to make it. This make it perfect for anyone who is short on cash and just want to make something extremely simply.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make this amazing easy homemade mac and cheese? Check out the video I have prepared above.
Mac and Cheese In A Mug Recipe
- ½ cup macaroni Pasta
- ½ cup Milk (Water can be used instead)
- ½ cup Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
- Combine pasta and Milk (or water) in a large mug.
- Microwave the pasta in the microwave for 1 minute intervals (Place a plate underneath the mug as there is a good chance it will overflow). Checking the pasta every minute for consistency. It should take about 4 minutes before the pasta is soft, pour off the excess water/milk (optional).
- Add the cheese and stir in.
- Place back in microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Adding herbs can change this recipe completely with many different flavors to choose from don’t be afraid to experiment.
- You can use different cheeses, in this recipe I just used a basic tasty cheese but don’t be afraid to experiment trying all sorts of nice cheeses.
- If you feel like a bit meat in your mac and cheese try adding ham, smoked salmon and other deli meats that don’t require a huge amount of cooking.
- Be extra careful when you microwave liquids in a microwave as they can become superheated and explode when removing it from the microwave. Keeping a distance would be the best way to avoid any physical harm to yourself.
There are so many different types of mug recipes that are just fantastic for anyone who is feeling lazy or only need to cook for one. They’re also great for anyone who is running low on money as most of the recipes tend to only require low-cost ingredients making them super affordable.
I really hope that you both make and enjoy this delicious mac and cheese in a mug recipe.If you know of any additions to this recipe that could improve it tenfold then drop us a comment below!