This lazy lasagna recipe is the next best thing to the actual thing as it takes a fraction of a time and still tastes delicious!
I experimented a little with this recipe because whilst I loved traditional lasagna the time it takes up is just too long for when you’re feeling a bit lazy.
A few tweaks here and there I was able to shorten the time it took considerably but still retain that yummy lasagna taste and feel I love sitting down to enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this awesome lazy man lasagna/lazy mom’s lasagna recipe. Be sure to check out the cooking tips below for tips on how to improve or change this recipe more to your liking.
If you’re more of a visual person then check out my video on how to make a lazy lasagna! It’s a quick and easy way to learn how to throw this great recipe together.
Lazy Lasagna Recipe
- 350g (12 Oz) of Fresh lasagna sheets or par cooked dry sheets (see cooking tips)
- 500g (17 ½ Oz) beef mince
- 1 700g(24 Oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded cheese
- ½ Cups Parmesan cheese
- 100g Frozen or Fresh Spinach (Optional)
- Preheat an oven to 180 °C (350°F)
- Heat a frypan up so it’s hot.
- Add your mince and cook until browned.
- Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce of your choosing and the spinach.
- In a deep oven dish add a tiny bit of the sauce. (This will help stop the sheets from burning to the bottom)
- Add one layer of lasagne sheets
- Add enough sauce to cover the sheets
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the top
- Repeat from step 5 until you’re out of either lasagne sheets or sauce
- Top with leftover cheese
- Place into oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Serve and enjoy
- If you’re using dry sheets then you should par cook them to help speed to the cooking process up for your lazy lasagna, to do this do the following.
- Get a deep baking dish and fill with boiling water
- Put sheets in so there is only 1 layer and wait until they have softened
- Remove from the water and brush with oil to prevent them from sticking together
- Repeat until you have enough sheets. (You may need replace the water with boiling water again)
- Miss the béchamel? My best suggestion would to buy from the supermarket or if you have time make it from scratch.
- This lazy day lasagna is also perfect for reheating. Cook it up and it will last in your fridge for a few days and also still retain that awesome flavour and feel as it was when it was baked fresh!
If you have your own variation on this deliciously easy lasagna then be sure to let me know by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page. Also don’t hesitate to leave any thoughts, questions or anything else that you might have for this dish.