These homemade tortilla chips are deliciously crunchy and are so damn easy to quickly whip up. I know these aren’t truly “homemade” but they still make great freshly baked chips.
You can use these tortilla chips in many different dishes such as nachos, taco salad or even just to go with some amazing dips.
If you’re more a visual person then you should check out the video I have put together on how to make homemade tortilla chips. It is easy to follow and if you like it please subscribe!
Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Firstly brush both sides with the oil
- Cut the tortillas in sixths. (Stacking them in a pile will speed this process up)
- Now separate and place onto a roasting tray. Don’t let them overlap otherwise you will end up with soggy chips.
- Place tray into the preheated oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until nicely crisp.
- Serve & Enjoy
- As I mentioned above you can eat these by themselves or you can try them in a great dip such as guacamole. They also go as a great side with chilli con carne if you wish to have something with your chilli.
- It is best to use just white/plain tortillas for the best results however you can try out other variations if you would like to.
- While I recommend cutting the tortillas into sixths you can cut them into 8 for smaller chips.
- You can use a variety of oils such as olive oil, spray oil, vegetable oil, peanut oil or whatever you would like. Be aware each will change the flavor and outcome of your recipe.
- You can use just normal table salt or you can go a bit fancier and use ground sea salt. Much like the oil this will change the flavor again of the overall recipe.
- If you have leftover tortillas from enchiladas or fajitas then this a great way to use them up.
If you have own variation, seasoning or anything else you would like to share about this homemade tortilla chips recipe feel free to leave a comment below.