These fried cheese sticks are possibly the easiest, cheapest and tastiest things you can cook when you’re low on money.
This isn’t just great for anyone who is broke as they are also great as a kids meal (kids just absolutely go crazy for them). They also are pretty amazing as a light snack or pretty much anything where you just want something easy and tasty to eat. If you have the money or ingredients to do variations on these fried cheese sticks then you should check out my cooking tips below.
These are also a a fantastic alternative to toasted cheese sandwiches which can get very same ole if you have them too much. You can also add extras to these such as ham or salami. Simply just add it at the same time you add the cheese. You will need to make sure it will still roll easily.
If you’re more of a visual person then check out my video on how to make these fried cheese sticks! It’s a quick and easy way to learn how to throw this great recipe together.
The Fried Cheese Sticks Recipe
- 8 Slices of Bread
- 8 Slices of cheese
- Butter or Oil to fry in.
- Remove the crusts from all the slices of bread.
- Roll out the bread using a rolling pin or anything round and clean.
- Place a cheese slice on the bread.
- Roll the bread up from one edge to the other end.
- Heat a fry pan up and add some butter or oil.
- When the butter or oil is hot add the cheese sticks with the open edge facing down.
- Turn over to a new side cooking them until their golden brown all over.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can add extra ingredients to the rolls such as tomato paste, salami, ham and much more. Just make sure you don’t go overboard otherwise you will end up with soggy grilled cheese sticks.
- You can cook these in the oven for some baked cheese sticks, simply preheat an oven to 180°C (350 °F) and bake for about 10-15 minutes. You might also want to add some butter or oil to the outside so they crisp up nicely.
- When you’re cooking these in a pan try to keep them in a close group. This will prevent the rolls from opening up and becoming ruined.
- This fried cheese sticks recipe is great to go with soup, condiments such as tomato sauce, a stew and much more!
- I used processed cheese slices for this recipe but you can easily swap these out for a cheese that you like. For example pieces of Camembert are pretty amazing fried.
If you have your own thoughts, variation or anything else you would like to share regarding our fried cheese sticks recipe drop us a comment below!