This French toast in a mug recipe is perfect for anyone craving that amazing eggy bread but don’t feel like getting the frypan out and just want something fast.
This mug recipe is a fantastic way to get a great tasting breakfast or dessert in just a matter of minutes. The best thing is that it only makes couple of dishes so it’s great if you’re feeling a little lazy.
This recipe is perfect when you only need to cook for one or two people and don’t mind if the toast isn’t super crisp. In fact it won’t really be crisp at all since we’re only microwaving it but you will still have an amazing moist tasty french toast. If you’re after of more of a traditional recipe, then be sure to check out the my classic easy French toast recipe.
If you want extra creamy French toast, then simply substitute the milk for cream. This is slightly a bit unhealthier but is totally worth it if you have some cream around.
If you want to see how this recipe is done then be sure to check out the short, simple but straight to the point video above.
French Toast in a Mug Recipe
- 2 slices of white bread
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean or extract
- Grease one mug with a tiny bit of butter.
- Add the egg, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla bean, milk and beat together.
- Add the diced bread pushing it down into the egg mix.
- Microwave for about 1 & ½ minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- I always love adding either some maple syrup or honey once I am done cooking. Just drizzle this over the top of the bread, it will really help make this dish shine! It’s important to also mention that cream or ice cream also goes really well with this!
- Stale bread usually works a lot better in French toast as it will absorb the egg mixture easier.
- It’s important to remember with all microwave meals the cooking time may vary depending on how powerful your microwave is or what settings you have it on. I have mine on the highest setting and found 1 & ½ minutes was more than long enough.
- You can replace the bread with some fruit bread for a fruity French toast. This is a quick and easy way to add a bit more flavour to the dish.
- Another great variation is adding some chocolate chips into the egg mix. This will give you an amazing chocolatey French toast.
- Adding some raisins or cranberries is also another way to change this recipe up!
If the fry pan method and the mug recipe doesn’t really appeal to you then you may be interested in an easy overnight French toast casserole. This is a rich casserole that tastes amazing with the only downside is that it should be left to soak overnight so it takes a little longer than this recipe.
I hope that you enjoy this French toast in a mug recipe! If you have any feedback, a variation or anything else that you would love to share then please feel free to drop a comment below.