This fajita seasoning mix isn’t a meal, but it’s incredibly important when it comes to making certain dishes. If you have found yourself with no seasoning in the cupboard, then this is the recipe you need.
You can make this recipe in bulk if you find yourself using this seasoning quite a bit. Just make sure you store it in an airtight container in the cupboard.
Many different dishes use fajita seasoning, but the traditional and most likely you will need this for is of course Fajitas. For anyone who doesn’t know fajitas refers to grilled meat that’s served with vegetables in a corn or flour tortilla.
If you’re making some fajita meat mix, then this works fantastic in some delicious quesadillas. It also works great in a ton of other dishes such as a topping on a pizza, with nachos, in a bread roll and so much more.
If you rather just buy this seasoning, then you can find it at pretty much any good supermarket. If you’re struggling to find it, then you can also get it online at pretty much any good online store such as Amazon.
This recipe currently doesn’t have a video, but it is super straightforward to make. Simply mix all the ingredients, and you’re good to go.
Easy Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (Optional)
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you think something is slightly off, then you can easily adjust this seasoning. Just make sure you write down any changes, so you remember when you make this again.
- The cornstarch isn’t compulsory and can be left out. It does, however, help the seasoning stick to meat and helps thicken up liquids.
- If you’re looking to change this seasoning up a little, then using smokey paprika instead of the normal regular paprika is a good way at achieving this.
- This seasoning will last in the cupboard for ages if stored correctly. Make sure it’s in a sealed container, and you don’t get the mix wet. You will find it will last months if stored correctly.
- If you want to add even more flavor to this seasoning, then one teaspoon of a crushed chicken bouillon cube helps tons. However, it’s fine without this so don’t feel like you need to add this.
The fajita seasoning nutritional information can be found right below. I have used online tools help calculate this data so it might be slightly inaccurate but still good enough if you’re seeking more information.
There are so many different types of seasoning that you can make at home. I have covered a few different types before with the spicy taco seasoning being one of my favorites.
I hope you enjoy this fajita seasoning mix recipe and that it works out to be just how you like it. If it doesn’t or needs some adjustments, then be sure to leave a comment below. Any other feedback is much appreciated.