One of my favorite breakfast choices is an egg & bacon muffin especially after one of those big nights. If you’re looking for a delicious way to start the day then you should definitely look at whipping one or multiple of these up.
This egg and bacon muffin recipe is quite simple so you shouldn’t be afraid to add extras such as fried mushrooms,tomato and other ingredients that may turn this from a wow to a mind blowing breakfast.
If you want a mcmuffin like the one at McDonald’s then just keep the ingredients to cheese, bacon, egg and of course one slice of cheese. It is likely to not taste the same but it does get pretty close to it.
The Egg and Bacon Muffin Recipe
- 2x English Muffins
- 2x Pieces of Bacon
- 2x Eggs
- Baby Spinach
- 2x Cheese Slices
- BBQ Sauce
- Gather all your ingredients so you don’t end up running around stressing later on.
- Heat the frypan up until you can feel the heat rising from it.
- Add the bacon to the frypan and cook to your liking
- Move the Bacon off to the side and crack your eggs into the pan.
- While the eggs are cooking, begin to toast your muffins.
- Once the egg whites are almost no longer opaque flip them using a spatula.
- Once cooked, assemble of your muffins
- You can add sauces such as tomato, BBQ, mayonnaise, tomato relish or whatever you enjoy most.
- Feeling like salmon? simply exchange the bacon with some smoked salmon.
- If you have limited room in your kitchen turn your oven on to a lower temperature so you can keep cooked ingredients such as the bacon warm while you do other preparation and cooking.
- If you like runny eggs flip them for a couple of seconds before removing from heat.
If this breakfast recipe is a little too involved and would love something a little easier then be sure to check out the egg, cheese and ham bread bowl. This amazing bread bowl has egg, ham, cheese and is so easy to quickly whip up. Even better is you don’t need to use any dishes at all.
If you have your own amazing variation on the egg and bacon muffin that you would love to share then feel free to leave a comment below.