This quick & easy tiramisu won’t take you long before you can have it in your fridge ready for whenever you want to eat it.
If you have never had a tiramisu or haven’t heard of one before, I will briefly explain what one is. It is a popular coffee flavoured dessert that originated out of Italy. Whilst the traditional recipe uses whipped eggs, sugar & mascarpone cheese. This recipe I have removed the eggs saving a fair bit of time. To help keep it nice and creamy this recipe makes use of double cream.
Much like all tiramisus this will need to sit for about 2 hours before you can eat it. However, if you’re super hungry you can eat it straight away but keep in mind it might not taste as good. I also found that by leaving it for at least 12 hours made it a lot more enjoyable.
If you want to see how this delicious easy recipe is done be sure to check out the video above. It takes you through each of the steps so you can see visually see how everything should look.
Quick & Easy Tiramisu Recipe
- 300ml (10 fl. Oz) Double Cream
- 500g (17 ½ Oz) mascarpone
- 1/3 Cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Large packet of sponge fingers (Savoiardi)
- 2 Cups of strong black coffee
- In a bowl whisk together the double cream, mascarpone, caster sugar & vanilla until it has the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- In a different bowl add the strong black coffee and place slightly off to the side.
- One by one dip the sponge fingers into the coffee and then place them into a large serving dish. Once you have one layer of sponge fingers add about 1/3 of the cream mixture on top. Repeat this process for about another 2 layers finishing with cream on the top.
- Cover with cling wrap (plastic wrap) and then place into a fridge for at least 2 hours. However, the longer you leave it the better it will be.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Optional: Dust with cocoa or a chocolate mix!
- Having the coffee cold will help reduce the amount of time you need to refrigerate it for. I would still aim for about at least an hour in the fridge even with cold coffee.
- You can make this in smaller individual serves but keep in mind it will take a bit longer to put together.
- If you want to put a bit of alcohol into the dish, then I recommend adding roughly ½ cup of marsala. Add this into the coffee before dipping the sponge fingers into it.
- Try not to dip the sponge fingers into the coffee for too long otherwise they will soak up too much coffee and become a bit too mushy. Also if you don’t do it long enough they won’t absorb enough coffee and might a bit tasteless.
If you love coffee, then be sure to check out our espresso mug cake recipe. This is a moist cake that combines coffee & chocolate and is super easy to quickly make.
There are plenty of quick & easy dessert recipes that you should check if you’re looking for something nice & sweet.
I hope you have been able to make a delicious quick & easy tiramisu, if you have feedback, trouble or anything you would like to share then please drop me a comment below.