After some great easy sweet potato fries? then you don’t need to look any further. This recipe is simple and won’t take you long before you can have your fries cooking in the oven.
These are great on their own or as a side dish for a meal. Depending on what you’re after you may need to adjust the measurements a little. For example, if you’re after a meal you may want to cook more fries up but I found the original measurements enough for a quick snack or a side dish.
You will find that sweet potatoes also have a lot of nutritional value. Especially when you compare these to something like the white potato we all know and love. We also cook these in the oven so that there won’t be as much mess to clean up. However, this does unfortunately mean they will take a little longer to cook then if we were to shallow or deep fry them.
If you want to see how this recipe is done visually then be sure to check out the video above. This takes you through all the steps required to perfecting this delicious meal.
Easy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 2 Sweet Potato
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Preheat an oven to about 215 °C or 420 °F.
- Give the sweet potatoes a slight wash.
- First cut the sweet potatoes into about 2-3 cm (0.7-1.1 in) wedges.
- In a bowl add the vegetable oil, thyme, rosemary, sweet potato and salt.
- Using your hands mix until the sweet potato is well covered.
- Place the sweet potato onto an oven tray. If you make sure they don’t overlap they will cook a lot better.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- If you’re unsure that they’re done use a sharp knife to poke into them. If it enters easily then they’re done otherwise they can probably cook for a little longer.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Using a wire rack on top of an oven tray is a great to help the sweet potatoes crisp up a little more. It does however create a little more mess and an extra dish to wash up.
- This easy sweet potato fries recipe goes amazing with some ketchup, homemade guacamole or BBQ sauce.
- If you’re finding your fries are coming out a bit soggy there is a few things you can do.
- Try to space your fires out a little more.
- Make sure the oven is at the desired temperature before adding the fries.
- Try to make sure they’re not swimming in oil; a light coating should be sufficient.
- Try to make sure they’re salted reasonably. Salt will help draw out moisture but be careful as too much will make them inedible.
- Finally, as I mentioned above you can put them on a wire rack.
- If you like experimenting a little and would love a bit more crunch to your fries. Then you should try sprinkling some corn starch onto the fries. This should help make your sweet potato fries be even more crunchy.
If you’re looking to cook something with this yummy dish, then be sure to check out the super easy meatloaf recipe. These two recipes are amazingly easy and make for a fantastic hearty meal that tastes delicious.
If you have any feedback on this easy sweet potato fries recipe and would love to let us know then feel free to drop a comment below. If you want to stay up to date, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list and get a 7 recipe cookbook for free! Alternatively, you can just follow us on any of the major social networks to stay up to date.