This easy rice pudding is incredibly straight forward to quickly prepare and get cooking. It comes out to be incredibly creamy, rich and is an amazing dessert.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you will only need five very simple ingredients that you’re likely to already have in the house. You can swap the short grain rice for long grain without a huge difference to the end result.
The only downside to this recipe is that it will need a fair bit of time in the oven but at the same will prevent the need to constantly stir if you were to do it on the stove. The upside is that it only takes a few minutes to quickly prepare before you can get it baking in the oven.
This dish will reheat pretty well so if you find yourself with leftovers then you can reheat them for a deliciously easy breakfast or even for dessert the next night.
You will find that this dish is perfect just by itself but if you’re looking for something to go with it then ice-cream works really well. The hot pudding with the cold ice-cream makes this dish incredible. You could also add walnuts, raisins and other extra ingredients to help change the pudding more to your liking.
If you want to see the super short and snappy video on how to make this delicious rice pudding, then be sure to check out the one I prepared above. It goes through all the steps to making this delicious dish. If you love the video and would like to stay up to date on all of the latest videos then be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel.
Easy Rice Pudding Recipe
- ½ Cup Short Grain Rice
- 4 Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Preheat an oven to 150°C/300°F
- Lightly butter a deep 8×8 oven proof dish or similar.
- Add the sugar, rice, vanilla, cinnamon and milk to the dish. Slightly mix together.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 & ½ hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can swap the cinnamon stick for ground cinnamon, you will find that 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon should be more than enough to get the same amount of flavor that you would from one stick.
- For a different flavor you can swap the vanilla out for some rosewater extract instead. This will give a very fragrant, flora rose flavor to the rice pudding. Certainly worth giving a try.
- Other ingredients such as raisins or dried cranberries can be added to the pudding. You can either add these at the end or at the start of cooking. Personally I would add them at the start so the flavors are infused with the rest of the dish.
You can also make rice pudding in a slow cooker which is just as easy as this dish. Both methods are so much easier than doing it on the stove. However, as I mentioned above they’re lengthy in cooking times but incredibly easy to prepare.
I hope that you enjoyed this easy rice pudding as much as I enjoyed making and eating it. If you have some feedback or a variation that you would love to share, then please feel free to leave a comment below.