This easy guacamole recipe is so easy you will have yourself a fantastic side dish ready in minutes.
If you have never heard of guacamole before, then it is simply a dip made of avocados. You will find a lot of variations on the recipe, but typically it has garlic, red onion, lime, tomato and cilantro added to it. However, you can find an easy guacamole recipe as bare-bones as just simply lime and avocado.
It is essential that you get nice ripe avocados because if they’re not ripe enough you will have a hard time trying to mash them up. If you want to check that the avocado is ripe simply gently press the outside and if it dents a little then it is ready. Alternatively, you can remove the stem, and if it is a dark brown then it is overripe, and if it is a light color, then it is just right.
One fantastic thing about this dish is that it doesn’t contain any cream cheese. You may have noticed, but a lot of the guacamole or avocado dips at the supermarket have a ton of extra ingredients designed to bulk it out while reducing the amount avocado they need to use. You can find some dips containing as low as 2% avocado in them while still advertised as avocado or guacamole dip.
If you want to see, this done visually check out the video I have prepared for you. If you like it, then subscribe, so you get all the latest great recipes from us!
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 2 avocados
- ½ tsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Peel and mash avocados in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add diced onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy
- This easy homemade guacamole is a great side to many dishes from delicious nachos to chili con carne or even merely just as a dip with some delicious homemade tortilla chips. If you’re looking for a great addition to whatever you plan on cooking, then this easy guacamole is the way to go.
- There is a huge range of variations on the easy guacamole recipe. If you want to alter the recipe because you find a different combination that works better, then you should certainly give it a try. If you want, you can share your variation in the comments below.
- If you prefer it to be very bare-bones, you can just remove the red onion, tomato, garlic, and cilantro from the recipe. This modification leaves you with just avocado and lime juice.
If you need the nutritional information for this tasty guacamole, then you can find it right below. This information is just an estimate but should be accurate if you're trying to decide if this is ok to eat.
There are so many things you can have guacamole with I love it on almost everything such as sandwiches, wraps, nachos and so much more.
If you have some feedback that you would love to share this delicious recipe, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below