This easy goulash recipe is the perfect hearty dish for a cold winters day. It is also just a nice dish if you have some beef that you would like to use up in a stew.
This recipe doesn’t need any side dish like rice however if you’re feeding a crowd you might want to cook up something to go with it. My personal favourites is either some delicious creamy mash or some nice fluffy rice.
If you have never heard of a goulash, then it is typically a stew of both meat and vegetables. It is typically seasoned with paprika and depending on the recipe some other spices as well. There are many different variations on this dish but to keep things nice and easy this recipe is pretty minimal.
If you want to see how this recipe is put together be sure to check out the video above. It takes you through everything you need to know to cook this up. If you’re happy with a text version of the recipe then just check it out below.
Easy Goulash Recipe
- 500g (17 ½ Oz) Beef cut into strips
- 1 Brown onion, thinly sliced
- 200g (7 Oz) Button mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 400g (14 Oz) Can tomato soup
- 1 500g (17 ½ Oz) diced tomatoes
- Rice (Optional)
- In a fry pan over medium heat cook the beef until browned. (Approx. 3-4 minutes)
- Add the sliced onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Next add the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally add the soup and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re finding the beef to be a bit tough, you can either use a different cut of beef or cook it for longer. If you cook it for about 2 hours extra, then you should end up with some nice tender beef.
- If you like things a bit spicy then simply add about 2 tsp of chilli or chilli powder. I would add this at the same time as the onion and mushrooms.
This recipe is probably best as an easy dinner. However, you can easily cook this as a quick & easy lunch or if you have made it the night before just reheat and eat. This dish reheats pretty well so you don’t need to worry about it tasting iffy after reheating it the next day.
If you’re looking for other quick and easy beef recipes, then we have a few that you might like. The beef stroganoff is delicious pasta dish that won’t take you long to cook up.
You can also cook up an amazing goulash in a slow cooker but will take hours to cook. The end result is totally worth it as you’re left with an amazing rich beef stew with very tender meat that just melts in your mouth.
I hope you have been able to make this easy goulash recipe and you have enjoyed it. If you have any feedback, variations or anything else that you would love to share then be sure to leave a comment below.