This crunchy easy cornflake chicken is absolutely delicious and is perfect if you need to feed some kids or fussy adults.
I have found that this crunchy golden chicken is an absolute hit whenever I have served it at parties, dinners or in restaurants. It goes fantastic with some homemade ranch dressing or even some ketchup. There are a ton of other dipping sauces that go great with this chicken.
You can eat this just like chicken nuggets with a tasty dipping sauce, but like nuggets, you can also have it included in a variety of different dishes. For example, it’s incredibly tasty in a good green salad. Another one of my personal favorites is having it in a baguette with some lettuce, tomato, bacon and delicious homemade mayonnaise.
Depending on what you feel like you can either bake or fry the chicken. Baking is probably healthier and will make less mess but takes a bit longer than frying. You will find that Frying is easier, tastes better but can be quite messy if you’re shallow frying.
Like most fried or baked chicken this is best consumed as fresh as possible as reheating makes that nice crispy coating go soggy and overcooks the chicken itself. With that said, it is well worth keeping the leftovers for cold sandwiches the next day.
If you want to see how to make this delicious chicken dish then be sure to watch the video below. It takes you through all the steps on how to prepare and bake the chicken. Alternatively, you can find the full recipe right underneath the video.
Easy Cornflake Chicken Recipe
- 500g (1 lb.) chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- If baking, preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F)
- In a bowl, add the flour and season lightly with salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Add the eggs to a separate bowl and beat together.
- Lastly, add the crushed cornflakes to a third bowl.
- One by one, first coat the chicken in the flour, then into the egg and lastly in the cornflakes. The chicken should be well covered in the cornflakes, once done, put to the side.
- Repeat until you’re out of chicken.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Turning halfway through cooking will help guarantee they will cook evenly.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Depending on how thick or thin you cut the chicken will vary the cook time. Keep this in mind to avoid under or overcooking your chicken.
- A meat thermometer comes in handy when determining if the chicken is cooked or not. Just make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is above 75° Celsius (165°F).
- You can add some parmesan cheese to the crumb for a cheesier and much different flavored crumbing.
- Double coating is an efficient way of getting a thicker batter on the chicken. Once you have finished the first coating merely repeat and you should end up with an extra thick coating.
- Adding some herbs such as chives or Italian herbs into the crumb mix is a great way to get some extra flavor onto the chicken.
Curious what the nutritional information for this cornflake chicken recipe is, then you can find it right below. Keep in mind this information is estimated and will likely differ slightly. Also, don’t forget to consider any extras that you might end up having with the chicken such as dipping sauces.
If you don’t have any cornflakes but have some breadcrumbs, then you should consider making some crunchy chicken nuggets. They’re incredibly tasty and can be easily made at home if you have the time.
I hope that you enjoy this easy cornflake chicken and that you didn’t run into problems while making it. If you have some feedback, tips or something else that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.