This easy chilli con carne recipe is a huge hit for dinner, it is super simple and you can have a hearty dish ready in no time.
Chilli con carne is a classic dish that is a favorite of many household, it is cheap and very easy to whip up. This recipe goes very well as a topping for nachos, potato mash, and rice or even just by itself. Be sure to check out our cooking tips below for more great tips on how to make this dish.
It is a great dish when you need to feed lots of people and is incredibly affordable. Most the ingredients you need you can find for a pretty good price at your local supermarket. Also be sure to check out our cooking tips below for more great tips on how to make this dish.
If you’re more of a visual person, then you can check out my video that goes into how to make Chilli Con Carne in no time! If you enjoy it be sure to subscribe.
Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- 500g (17 ½ Oz) beef mince
- 1 tin 400g (14 Oz) Kidney Beans
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tin 400g (14 Oz) Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Chilli (Flakes, Fresh or powder)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the mince, cumin, Chilli flakes and cook until the mince is browned.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, oregano and kidney beans.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you love your chilli con carne hot, then feel free to add more in. I find 2 tsp. will get your mouth breathing fire!
- This goes absolutely great with an easy guacamole! Check out my awesome easy recipe to make your very own to go with this great beef dish.
- If you’re finding the dish is a bit too bitter, then you can try adding about 1 Tbsp. of sugar. This helps cut out the bitterness of the tomatoes making it a much more enjoyable meal.
- You can have some cooked rice, pasta, mashed potatoes and other great additions with this dish. It really just depends on your preference. I prefer just mash!
- This easy chilli con carne recipe keeps well in the fridge so you can cook up large batch and enjoy it the next day. If also freezes done pretty well so if you want to stock up for those lazy nights, then this is a great recipe for doing exactly that.
- Tortilla chips go absolutely amazing with this this recipe! Check out my recipe if you want to make some of these to enjoy with this recipe.
I have listed just a few other meals you can have this delicious chilli with above. There really are countless possibilities! Some of the most popular combinations are dishes such as chill cheese fries, chili hot dog and so much more.
If you have any variations, feedback or anything else on this quick and easy chilli con carne then be sure to drop us a comment below.