This easy beef stroganoff recipe is delicious and very easy to quickly whip up. For those who don’t know a stroganoff is a beef dish that is served with sour cream. Modern adaptions like this recipe have tomato paste and mushrooms added to the dish.
You can have this dish with egg noodles, rice, and pasta or even by itself. This dish is also very affordable with the most expensive ingredient being the beef. This can be substituted with beef mince or a cheaper cut of beef (Eg. Rump) if you’re tight on cash.
As with any pasta or noodle dish this goes amazing with a side of garlic bread. If you have a bit of extra time and energy it’s well worth getting some cooking in the oven.
If you want to see how this dead easy beef stroganoff recipe is done then be sure to check out the video I have prepared above.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 170g (6 Oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 500g (17 ½ Oz)Beef, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Flour
- 250g (9 Oz) Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Egg Noodles/Rice/Pasta
- Heat a frypan over medium heat until it is hot.
- Add the sliced beef and cook until starting to brown.
- Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook until onion starts to go translucent.
- Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sour cream & tomato paste.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared Egg Noodles/Rice/Pasta into the sauce and mix until coated.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you’re not a fan of beef then you are able to substitute it with something else like chicken. Popular variations in Brazil often feature chicken breasts.
- Make sure you the pan is hot when you add the beef otherwise you will stew the beef instead of frying it.
- If you’re not a fan of sour cream you’re able to switch this out for yogurt instead. This will give this easy beef stroganoff recipe a lighter tangier taste. If you’re a fan of tangy light taste then I highly suggest doing this.
- As I mentioned above, since we’re not cooking the beef for a long time it’s to try get tender cuts of beef such as tenderloin or scotch fillet. However if money is running low then blade will do just fine (It may be a bit tough).
- If you don’t have any sour cream then this can be substituted for something like geek yogurt. Keep in the flavor will be slightly different.
If you’re looking for other pasta or noodle dishes then you should certainly check out something such as the delicious easy carbonara. Like this dish it is incredibly creamy but instead has crispy bits of bacon.
If you have a variation on the easy beef stroganoff recipe that you would love to share feel free to leave a comment below.