This easy apple turnover recipe is a great way to quickly learn how to make turnovers. They come out to incredibly crunchy with a gooey apple and cinnamon filling, a must try for anyone who loves baked apple.
These are fantastic desserts so if you’re looking for a recipe to impress you should certainly give this one a go. This recipe also only uses 4 ingredients making so you won’t find yourself spending ages looking for ingredients.
These apple turnovers are both great either hot or cold! If you decide to eat them hot, make sure you let it cool a bit otherwise you might end up with a burnt mouth.
A great way to learn recipes is visually so if you want to quickly learn how to make apple turnovers then check out video above.
If you do like the video, then please make sure you subscribe so you stay up to date with the latest and greatest easy recipes.
Easy Apple Turnover Recipe
- 1 400g (14 Oz) Can of apple filling
- 1 egg
- Puff pastry
- First preheat an oven to 210°C (410°F).
- In a bowl beat the egg and place to side.
- Cut 1 sheet of defrosted puff pastry into 4 squares
- On each square place about 1-2 Tbsp. of apple.
- Sprinkle the apple with cinnamon.
- Using a pastry brush, wet the edges with the egg mix.
- Fold the pastry so it now forms a triangle.
- Now crimp the open edges with a fork.
- Prick the top of it so steam can escape. (This will stop exploding turnovers)
- Place onto an oven tray and repeat steps 2-7 until you run out of apple or puff pastry.
- Glaze the apple turnovers with the remaining egg mix.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want to use up some fresh apples rather than canned, simply cook down the apples (Diced) in a pot until nice and tender. This will add about 10-20 minutes more onto the recipe but will be worth it if you have delicious fresh apples.
- If you’re find apple is leaking out the sides too much, then make sure you crimp the edges more. As well as this make sure you poke a hole for the steam to escape otherwise you will end up with exploding apple turnovers.
- If you’re a sweet tooth you can sprinkle some sugar over the top of the apple.
- If you really like sugar you can sprinkle some sugar on top of the pastry before it goes in the oven.
If you have any leftover apple mix, then be sure to check out the easy apple crumble recipe. This is delicious and uses the same sort of apples we use in this recipe.
We hope you enjoy this easy apple turnover recipe. If you want leave us some feedback, improvements or anything regarding this recipe then please drop us a comment below.