This easy apple crumble recipe is one of my favorite dishes to eat for both desserts and even as a meal. Not only does it taste delicious it is also pretty good for you.
Depending on how motivated you are you can replace the can of apples with fresh apples. Don’t forget if you’re using fresh apples first to cook them a little otherwise, and you will have a very hard to eat apple crumble.
The hardest part of this recipe is making the crumble, the apple filling merely is from a can, but as I mentioned above, you can make it from scratch. If you want to be healthy, then you can always try making a paleo friendly apple crumble.
If you’re looking for something to go with this apple crumble, then some delicious vanilla ice cream or some heavy cream goes perfectly with it.
Make sure you keep any leftovers as they will reheat the next day nicely. Personally, I love to have them for breakfast as it’s quick, easy and tastes amazing even if it’s cold.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make this easy apple crumble recipe? Check out the video I have prepared below. It will take you through all the steps that needed to perfect this delicious recipe.
Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
- 60g (2 oz.) butter, softened
- 80g (3 oz.) plain flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 80g (3 oz.) brown Sugar
- 60g (2 oz.) rolled Oats
- 2x 400g (14 oz.) cans of apple
- Preheat the oven to 180 C° (350 °F)
- Add butter, brown sugar, oats & plain flour into a bowl and combine until it resembles large breadcrumbs.
- Add the cans of apple to an ovenproof dish.
- Add the topping over the top of the apple.
- Place into the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Adding frozen raspberries to the apple mix makes for a fantastic raspberry and apple crumble. Just remember to defrost the raspberries otherwise you may end up with an overcooked top and a cold apple mix. You can also add many other different fruits to the apple that will make a great crumble. Rhubarb is one of my favorites.
- If you have the free time, you can use fresh apples rather than tinned. The best way to cook fresh apples is in a saucepan with a little bit of water, sugar cinnamon. It should take about 10 minutes for these are ready for use in the crumble recipe.
- If you’re a bit of a sweet tooth, you can add some more sugar but be careful as it can become very sickening fast!
- Altering the apple crumble topping recipe can have a massive change in flavors in the overall recipe. You can try using muesli instead of oats or even sunflower seeds. These are just a couple of examples of things that you can add to the topping mix.
- If you’re on a gluten-free diet, you can replace the flour with gluten-free flour and the rolled oats for corn flakes (Be careful as some brands do put flour into their corn flakes)
This delicious dessert is great, but you might be wondering what the nutritional information for it is. If this is what you’re after, then you can find it right below, keep in mind it’s only an estimate and may vary slightly. It also doesn’t take into account any extras you might have with it such as ice cream.
You can also cook an apple crisp in a slow cooker if you want to prepare it ahead of time so you can do other stuff while it cooks. Much like this recipe, it is straightforward to do, but you will probably want to use fresh apples instead.
If you’re after a similar apple dessert recipe, then you should also take a look at the easy apple turnovers. These are sweet pockets of apple wrapped in puff pastry with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. Perfect for any apple lover or sweet tooth.
If you have a fantastic, easy apple crumble recipe or have some great suggestions or tips and you wish to share then feel free to leave us in the comment in the comments section below.