This easy apple crumble recipe would be one of my favorite dishes to eat for both dessert and as a meal. Not only does it taste delicious it is also pretty good for you.
Depending on how motivated you are you can replace the can of apples with fresh apples. Don’t forget if you’re using fresh apples to first cook them down a little otherwise you will have a very hard to eat apple crumble.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make this easy apple crumble recipe? Check out the video I have prepared above. It will take you through all the steps that needed to perfect this delicious recipe.
The Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
- 60g (2 Oz) Softened Butter
- 80g (3 Oz) Plain Flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 80g (3 Oz) brown Sugar
- 60g (2 Oz) rolled Oats
- 2x 400g (14 Oz) cans of apple
- Preheat the oven to 180 C° (350 °F)
- Add butter, brown sugar, oats & plain flour to a bowl and combine until it resembles large bread crumbs.
- Add the cans of apple to an ovenproof dish.
- Add the topping over the top of the apple.
- Place into the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Adding frozen raspberries to the apple mix makes for a fantastic raspberry and apple crumble. Just remember to defrost the raspberries otherwise you may end up with an overcooked top and a cold apple mix. You can also add many other different fruits to the apple that will make a great crumble, rhubarb is one of my favorites.
- If you have the free time you can use fresh apples rather than tinned. The best way to cook fresh apples is in a saucepan with a little bit of water, sugar cinnamon. It should take about 10 minutes for these are ready for use in the crumble recipe.
- If you’re a bit of a sweet tooth you can add some more sugar but be careful as it can become very sickening fast!
- If you’re on a gluten free diet you can replace the flour with a gluten free flour and the rolled oats for corn flakes (Be careful as some brands do put flour into their corn flakes)
- Altering the apple crumble topping recipe can have a huge change in flavors on the overall recipe. You could Try using a muesli instead of oats or even sun flower seeds. These are just a couple of examples of things that you can add to the topping mix.
You can also cook an apple crisp in a slow cooker if you want to prepare it ahead of time so you can do other stuff whilst it cooks. Much like this recipe it is very easy to do but you will probably want to use fresh apples instead.
If you’re after a similar apple dessert recipe then you should also take a look at the easy apple turnovers. These are sweet pockets of apple wrapped in puff pastry with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. Perfect for any apple lover or sweet tooth.
If you have a fantastic easy apple crumble recipe or have some great suggestions or tips and you wish to share then feel free to leave us in the comment in the comments section below.