This simple creamy cajun chicken pasta is packed full of flavour. In this dish we use leftover roast chicken and it works amazingly well. You typically end up with delicious tender chicken that just melts in your mouth.
This is a fantastic easy dinner dish or even lunch if you’re feeling like pasta in the middle of the day. It is also a great way to use up any of the leftover roast chicken from the day before.
This recipe doesn’t reheat very well because of the cream in it. You most likely find reheating it in a microwave will cause the cream to split and you will get a very oily pasta that isn’t very enjoyable. You might be able to avoid this by reheating it in a pan.
Like any pasta this tastes even better when garnished with some freshly grated parmesan. Also an easy good garlic bread works as a great side dish to this pasta or any pasta really!
Whilst you can make your very own homemade cajun seasoning to keep things simple I’m just using a basic store bought version. These still taste pretty good but can contain quite a bit of added salt so you might want to taste the sauce before you decide to add more seasoning.
If you want to see how to make this cajun chicken pasta, then check out the video above. Alternatively, you can find the full recipe right below that takes you through all the steps to cooking this yummy pasta.
The Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 Red or Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 150g (5 Oz) Shredded leftover chicken
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Cup Cream
- 250g (9 Oz) Cooked Pasta or noodles
- In a pan over medium heat add 1 Tbsp. butter
- Add the red onion, garlic and sliced red pepper.
- Cook until onion starts to go transparent.
- Add Cajun seasoning, chicken and cook for another minute
- Add Cream and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over hot cooked pasta.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Adding a tiny bit of butter (roughly 1 Tbsp.) to the sauce just before you go to pour it over the pasta will help the sauce have a bit more depth in both flavor and texture.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken, then you can simply just use your preferred cut of raw chicken. I would add this just before step 4 and cook for a few minutes.
- Most cajun seasonings contain added salt so keep this in mind when you go to season the dish. I recommended tasting the sauce before you add any extra salt. If you want a good quality seasoning be sure to check out this cajun seasoning at Amazon.
- Depending on the type of Cajun spice you’re using you will probably not find this dish to be too spicy. If you like things spicy than I recommend adding a bit more cajun or adding a sliced red chili at the step you add the onion.
If you’re not feeling like chicken tonight, then the easy creamy bacon carbonara is also a pretty pasta recipe.
If you have any feedback or a variation that you would love to share on this creamy Cajun chicken pasta recipe.