These cheese and vegemite scrolls are simply amazing and any fan of vegemite will simply love them.
As you could imagine these scrolls make for amazing party food as you can cook lots up easily and they still taste pretty good cold. They’re usually best served warm though!
If you have never heard of it, vegemite is a spread that is made from yeast extract and a variety of spice and vegetable additives. It is hugely popular in Australia but may be hard to find in other countries. You can find vegemite for sale over at Amazon if you’re willing to give it a try. You may find similar products for sale in your country such as marmite.
If you want to see how these scrolls are done, then check out the video above. The video will take you through all the required steps to have some amazing scrolls to munch on.
The Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls Recipe
- 1 Sheets Puff Pastry
- 1 Cup grated cheese
- ¼ Cup vegemite (Marmite)
- 1 Egg beaten
- Preheat an oven to 220°C or 430°F.
- Place the sheet of puff pastry onto a chopping board.
- Spread the vegemite onto the puff pastry leaving about a 1cm (0.4 inch) gap on the end you will roll towards.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the vegemite. (You can add more or less depending how cheesy you want it.)
- Using a pastry brush spread a little bit of the egg onto the 1 cm (0.4 inch) strip.
- Now start rolling from the end opposite the 1cm (0.4 inch) gap. Try to keep it relatively tight without making the topping squeeze out the sides.
- Now cut into about roughly 6 pieces.
- Cook in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy
- When you go to cut the roll remember not to push down on to it as it may deform the roll. If possible, try and use a super sharp knife to cut it this will help prevent the roll getting squished and keep the filling inside.
- If you’re using frozen puff pastry make sure you get it out of the freezer ahead of time to allow it to defrost. Place it on the surface you will be assembling it on as it will be hard to move once defrosted.
If you love scrolls and want more then be sure to check out the pizza scrolls recipe. This recipe basically has all the amazing flavours of pizza but in a nice compact tasty scroll.
Also if you love Nutella then you will love our Nutella scrolls these are again super easy to quickly cook up. If you’re interested, then be sure to check out our Nutella scroll recipe.
If you have made the cheese and vegemite scrolls and would love to share feedback, have a variation or anything else then feel free to drop a comment below.