This easy baked honey chicken recipe is one of my favorite dishes and one of the easiest to quickly whip together for a large crowd. You will need to allow for about 1 hour for cooking time but apart from that you will be able to quickly have a meal ready to cook.
As I mention down in the cooking tips you can use basically use any type of chicken cut for this recipe. I use breasts for this particular version but feel free to use any other cuts such as drumsticks, thigh or even chicken wings.
This dish is best served with some rice, mash potato or even some pasta. It really just comes down to what you’re feeling like. Personally I find that rice is best but most other sides works pretty well too.
If you love watching and seeing how a recipe is done, then be sure to check out our video above. I go through all the steps to getting this recipe from your fridge to your table. If you like the video on the easy honey mustard chicken recipe, then be sure to subscribe to channel so you stay up to date.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Seeded Mustard
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- Preheat an oven to 190°C or 375°F.
- Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish.
- In a jug combine the Tabasco, garlic, honey, seeded mustard and the Dijon mustard.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, alternatively, cover and microwave on medium for 35 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove from the oven.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t have an oven dish with a lid, simply just cover it with foil.
- If you’re finding the sauce a little too runny then simply remove the lid or foil. This will allow the sauce to cook out more and thicken up. If you’re finding the opposite and it’s too thick or almost all gone then simply just add a little bit of water or chicken stock.
- If you’re not a fan of Tabasco you can simply leave it out.
- I personally enjoy using the chicken breast fillets in this baked honey mustard chicken recipe. However, you can use other cuts such as the drumsticks, wings, thigh and pretty much any other part of the chicken.
If you want to have a side dish or something to complement the meal, then be sure to check out my guide on cooking rice perfectly. You will also find that some sweet potato fries also go amazing with this recipe as something on the side.
If you want to be a little different you can make little parcels of honey mustard chicken. Simply get a large piece of foil and place the chicken and some sauce in the middle of it. Wrap it up and cook it in the oven for about the same amount of time.
I hope you enjoy this easy baked honey mustard chicken recipe. If you want to drop us your thoughts, variations or anything else then feel free to drop us a comment below. If you want to stay up to date on all our latest and greatest easy recipes, guides and much more then please subscribe.