If you’re after an amazing crunchy gooey baked brie in puff pastry recipe, then you don’t need to look any further. This recipe is super simple but will also amaze your friends and family if you plan on cooking afternoon tea for them.
I find that the smaller wheels of brie work best for this recipe. Larger wheels may require multiple sheets of puff pastry and could become a bit of a pain getting it off the baking tray.
If you’re just after the text version of this recipe, then you can find it right below. However, if you’re looking for a video showing you how it’s done then check it out at the top of this page. It will take you through everything you need to know to make this delicious baked brie in puff pastry.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- Preheat an oven to 200 °C or 390°F.
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl and place to the side.
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place the puff pastry.
- Place the wheel of brie in the middle.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the outer edges of the pastry with the egg mix.
- Now fold the pastry in and gently squeeze the pastry together in the middle.
- Brush the egg mix over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can try adding some different ingredients into the cheese/pastry. I have seen recommendations of sliced almonds, apricots, raisins and much more. All these will add a bit more of a variety of flavour to this yummy dish.
- It is important to make sure your puffy pastry has almost completely thawed before using it. If you try to use it too early/whilst it is still frozen, then it may crack and you will end up with holes in the pastry.
- You should try and be careful of having any area with too much puff pastry. This is likely to occur when you’re folding the pastry in. If an area is too thick with the pastry, then it is likely to not cook properly in the oven leaving you with icky undercooked pastry.
If you’re looking for other cheesy meals that will have you and your guests wanting more then be sure to check out the deep fried camembert. These crunchy pieces of camembert are amazing on their own and also go great in salads as well. If you also want a nice easy plain baked brie, then we also have a simple recipe for that too.
I hope you enjoy this baked brie in puff pastry recipe, if you did like it then be sure to share it with your friends. Also if you want to stay up to date on more great easy recipes and much more then please follow us on any of the major social networks.